What you focus on grows and what you what you don’t focus on eventually fades away. Seems easy? Right? Well, in some ways it is, and in some ways it’s not.
After this past Monday’s show aired I received a few comments and questions from some listeners who reached out to me asking for my thoughts on HOW to focus on the good when negative thoughts so easily creep up in our minds.
One listener said, “There are a handful of things going on in my life right now that overwhelm me. I can’t help but dwell on them. Whenever I tried to think about so-called happy thoughts, my brain just goes right back to the negative ones.”
Well, you are not alone. The fact is, negative thoughts turn into negative feelings. And it’s easy to believe the idea that we don’t have control over our thoughts. But in so many ways, we do.
On today’s episode I share with you one example on how you really do have control over your thoughts.
Links Mentioned in this Show:
Episode #81: How To Simplify Your Brain When It Gets Complicated
Share this Episode: CarlaRaeArneson.com/episode82
Share this Podcast: LifeMadeSimplePodcast.com
Simplicity University: SimplicityU.com
Free Guide: “9 Ways to Simplify Your Life”
Or send a text to 44222 with the word 9SIMPLIFY
Submit Questions: CarlaRaeArneson.com/AskCarlaRae
Join CarlaRae on Facebook!
Recent Podcast Episodes
- Episode #253: Simplify Your Home With These 17 Decluttering Questions To Ask Yourself
- Episode #252: Change Your Life With This One Simple Belief
- Episode #251: Build New Habits & Accomplish Your Goals With This One Simple Tactic
- Episode #250: What Really Determines Your Happiness & Success
- Episode #249: A “Perfectly Perfect” Special Guest (SPECIAL CHRISTMAS ENCORE EPISODE)