While I am a professional home organizer, I’m here to talk about gaining control of not just your home, not just your time and to-dos, but also your attitude and outlook on life, your relationships, and so much more. This podcast show is dedicated to help and support you in simplifying ALL areas of your life. And on today’s episode, we talk about how to gain control over your health.
During this episode, I give you a 3-Day Jumpstart plan on how to be a healthier you…. which of course, leads to a happier you!
If you’re like me, and most other people that I know, you have ambitions to be healthier. Now I know that the word health can have different meanings to different people. Not only does it refer to physical wellness, but it also refers to mental wellness. This jumpstart plan covers both, because the truth is, they overlap. Your physical and mental well-being go hand in hand.
This 3-Day Jumpstart to Good Health is meant to be for everyone, no matter what your health, diet, or exercise goals are. Do you want to lose weight? Then this plan is for you. Do you want get stronger and tone your muscles? This plan is for you. Do you want to simply just have more energy every day and feel better? Then this plan is for you!
The fact is, most of us know exactly what we need to do in order to reach our health goals, whether it be fitness or nutrition. But actually getting there – reaching those goals – can be hard, and can take lots of effort and at times can be uncomfortable. And like we talked about back in Episode #2, when we’re faced with something hard or uncomfortable, we usually then default back to the comforts of our bad habits and unhealthy ways, because it’s just easier.
This 3-Day Jumpstart is meant to inspire, motivate, and equip you to make lasting changes in your life in regards to your health. It’s not just a fitness plan or temporary diet, it’s meant to jumpstart a healthier LIFESTYLE.
The strategies and tips that I give you today, might be organized into a 3 day plan, but you can actually apply them to every day of your life. I separate it all out into three days, so that those of you who intend to make a drastic change in your health, don’t get overwhelmed or burnt out. After listening to this whole episode, you can actually chose to tackle each step of the plan all in one day if you really want to.
KEY POINTS OF THE 3-DAY JUMPSTART TO GOOD HEALTH
Day 1: Establish a Motivation Plan
- Brainstorm a list of personal development resources to create an “Inspiration Tool Box” full of books, audio books, podcasts, blogs, websites, tv shows, or movies.
- Commit to surrounding yourself with inspiring people and motivational experts
- Beware of mood and energy suckers. Commit to spending less time doing activities that bring you down, spend less time with people who discourage you.
Day 2: Establish a Nutrition Plan
- For ideas, feel free to download my Nutrition Guide for helpful guidelines to healthy eating.
- Each week, brainstorm and plan a list of meals, snacks, and drinks that you and your family can eat during the week.
- Shop for healthy foods and toss all the unhealthy stuff sitting in your cupboards and fridge.
- Fix your boat before the storm and set yourself up for success before temptation strikes.
Day 3: Establish a Movement Plan
- Make rest and sleep a priority.
- Brainstorm a list of active activities that you can schedule into your daily life.
- Be aware of any activities in your life that inhibit movement, and find solutions and alternatives.
Links Mentioned in this Show:
Or send a text to 44222 with the word NUTRITIONGUIDE
The Dirty Dozen: ewg.org/foodnews
Workout Video Program: Focus T25
TV Show Extreme Weight Loss: abc.go.com/shows/extreme-weight-loss
Share this Podcast: LifeMadeSimplePodcast.com
Submit Questions: CarlaRaeArneson.com/AskCarlaRae
Share this Episode: CarlaRaeArneson.com/episode7
Full Transcript of this Episode: CarlaRaeArneson.com/transcript7